Hong Kong Tramways, Limited (“HKT”) and her website and marketing service providers (“we”/ “us”/ “our”) are concerned to ensure that all personal data collected and used via “Ding Ding Diaries” are handled in strict adherence to the relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong).
A. The Personal Data We Collect
We collect different types of Personal Data via “Ding Ding Diaries”. The types of Personal Data may include (without limitation) the following:
• your personal information (e.g. your name, business title);
• your contact information (e.g. telephone numbers, email addresses and social media accounts);
• information when you use our websites (e.g. behavioural information, browser details, IP addresses).
Certain Personal Data (e.g. relating to your personal information and contact information) are required for specific services and if you fail to supply such Personal Data as requested from each specific service (e.g. upload and share text and files), we may not be able to deliver you the services. By providing your Personal Data to us, you acknowledge that such provision is fair and reasonable in the circumstances.
B. Purposes for which your Personal Data are Collected and Used
The purposes for which your Personal Data are collected and used may include (without limitation) one or more of the following purposes:
• for the use of content creation of “Ding Ding Diaires” and publish it under the name of “Ding Ding Diaries” on platforms including our website, social media platforms and out-of-home advertising;
• for communicating with you by email, phone or other means, including contacting you regarding verification of your information supplied, research and identification;
• with your consent, for marketing or promoting any of the Services and Products of HKT (e.g. sending you updates on our latest offers and promotions from time to time);
• for making disclosures when required by law, regulation, or court order of any jurisdiction and/or as requested by any government, regulatory or law enforcement authority or administrative organisation, which may be within or outside The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (“Hong Kong”);
• for establishing legal claims or defenses, obtaining legal advice, and/or exercising, defending and/or protecting the rights or properties of us, including identifying, contacting or bringing legal action against any person who may be causing interference with such rights or properties (whether intentionally or otherwise) or where any other person could be harmed or property of any other person could be damaged by such interfering activities.
Unless permitted or required by law, we will not disclose your Personal Data to any third parties without your prior consent.
C. Direct Marketing
If we intend to use your Personal Data (including your name and contact details) collected from you for direct marketing purposes (e.g. to send you marketing communications about news, offers or promotions in relation to HKT), we will first obtain your consent (or an indication of no objection) before doing so.
You may opt-out from receiving marketing communications from us at any time, free of charge by:
• sending request to email@example.com, or
• write to us at
Commercial & Corporate Affairs Department
Hong Kong Tramways, Limited
2/F, Whitty Street Tram Depot, Connaught Road West, Western District, Hong Kong
In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong), we have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
We will use cookie files and page tagging to store and track information about you and your preferences.
If you interact with us on social media platforms (for example if you “Like” our Facebook Page), we can interact with you and send you messages via these platforms. We will interact with you in accordance with the social media platform’s rules but we are not responsible for how the platform operators collect and handle your Personal Data. We are not responsible for what third parties post on our social media accounts.
E. Data Retention
Subject to any legal, statutory, regulatory or accounting requirements, the Personal Data you provide to us will be kept by us in the appropriate form only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes mentioned above after which it will be destroyed.
F. Data Security
“Ding Ding Diaries” uses SSL protocol to encrypt data during network transmission to protect your Personal Data. All Personal Data you provide to us via “Ding Ding Diaries” are secured, and access to them is restricted to authorised personnel only.
G. Other Websites
In order to anticipate your needs, our websites may contain links to third party sites that are operated under different privacy practices.
All such websites are independent from our websites. We have no control over the contents of such other websites or their privacy policies or compliance with the law. You should therefore be fully aware the provision of such links does not constitute an endorsement, approval, or any form of association by or with HKT. We have no control over Personal Data that is submitted to these other websites. You should remain alert when you leave our websites, and read the privacy statements of other websites.
HKT may amend, update, vary or add to this Statement from time to time without any prior notice as necessary and any revised Statement will be published on this website.
By accessing and using this website and any of its pages, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out herein.
If there is any inconsistency between the English version and the Chinese version of this Statement, the English version shall prevail.